Friday, March 18, 2011

Framed Name Art!


I got this idea from another blog I’ve been following, Lil Blue Boo. She is great at art and sewing projects! When I stumbled on this particular project I thought it would be an awesome and thoughtful idea for a baby shower present. I used her exact instructions check them out here
I  recommend buying the frames at Tuesday Morning. They are nice and very inexpensive! And if you don’t want a formal matted look consider using a t-shirt frame (they were on sale at Michaels for $5.99) Standard scrapbook paper fits just right as backing and there are tons of styles and colors.
This project is for my friend Lisa that is having a baby boy next month. I’m still a work in progress on perfecting this project but I’m pleased with the results!
My supplies

Found a cute font and printed it then traced the name using tracing paper.


Directly on the tracing paper I drew the transportation theme
Painted the background color

Then I used transfer paper to transfer the image

Let the painting begin

Once its all painted trace the outline with a black paint pen
Then frame




~Samantha










No comments:

Post a Comment